We are always available to discuss membership questions.
ZONE Fitness Clubs is an affordable health Club with a non-intimidating atmosphere. We pride ourselves in offering a small group fitness training program called the ZONE WORKOUT that is the "best 60-minute workout on the Planet" to guarantee you results. Customer service is our focus and our mission statement is: We Put Members First!
We are always available to discuss membership questions but we have listed frequently asked questions (FAQ) on specific topics to help you get answers right away.
To view FAQ to specific topics, please click on a subject below:
Basic Fitness Membership
Grants unlimited access to club cardio and strength training equipment, locker room amenities including showers, and two (2) complimentary personal training sessions at enrollment during all hours of operations.
Premier ZONE Fitness Membership:
Grants unlimited access to club cardio and strength training equipment, unlimited HYDRO Massage, unlimited guest privileges, 50% off most cooler drinks, monthly fitness evaluation by a certified Personal Trainer and two (2) complimentary personal training sessions at enrollment during all hours of operations.
A la Cart membership options:
- MYZONE Heart Rate Belt: We sell the belt to our members for only $99 (Regular $149)
- Small Group Training Sessions - the ZONE Workout
- Personal Training with a certified Personal Trainer
There are three (3) ways members can conveniently register for Zone Fitness workout sessions: online if you have purchased sessions already, in person at the front desk or phone call. In order to participate in the Zone Fitness Workout, members must have the MYZONE Heart Rate belt.
What is the Zone Fitness Workout? (click here for more information).
Our goal is to welcome you to the club as a member and earn your business every month. We value our members and we put Members First. Before you cancel your membership, please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience at the club and we will do our best to have a renewed opportunity to service you. If you must cancel for reasons out of our control, we wish you the best in your future fitness endeavors and thank you for choosing Zone Fitness Clubs.
We cannot accept phone, fax or email cancellation requests.
Please read the following instructions to cancel your membership with Zone Fitness Clubs. If you have any questions, please contact our Member Service Department at MemberServices@Zonefitnessclub.com. Please put all cancellation requests in writing and drop it off during your next visit to the club or mail it to the original club you joined.
Cancelling a Month to Month Membership
You may cancel your membership by visiting the club location where you initially joined and complete a cancellation form with our staff. If it is inconvenient for you to stop into the club, you may mail a certified letter of your intent to cancel your membership to the Club your originally joined and have a membership agreement with. Member understands that all membership fees are due upon canceling of a membership including a $25 cancel fee. The member will still have access to the Club for any membership time paid for according to their agreement.
Cancelling a Annual Membership
You may cancel your membership by visiting the club location where you initially joined and complete a cancellation form with our staff once you have fulfilled at least 12 months or more of your original annual membership agreement. If it is inconvenient for you to stop into the club, you may mail a certified letter of your intent to cancel your membership to the club your originally joined.
- Why can't I cancel over the phone or by e-mail?
In order for us to cancel your membership we must have written documentation of the change with your signature of approval. Also, if you elect to come into the club to cancel, you will receive a copy of the completed cancellation form so that you have documentation of the cancellation for your records.
- Why do I need to cancel at the club where I initially joined?
The club location where you initially joined is considered your home club. Any membership changes can only be processed at your home club as this is where your membership information is stored.
- Will I be billed the maintenance fee when I cancel?
As stated in your membership agreement, if your maintenance fee is payable during a month in which you are billed for your membership dues, you will also be billed for the maintenance fee. If you cancel in a month that the maintenance dues are not payable, you pay a flat rate of $25 + tax when stopping a membership.
- Why do I have a balance on my account? If your membership dues cannot be processed on your billing date, you then owe the amount of your monthly dues plus a service fee & late fee. Log onto your account under the Member Portal to check the status of your membership. You can see what credit card or checking account information is being used for monthly billing as well as the reason for the dues decline.
- Why was I charged a service fee? Similar to a bank fee, every time a payment does not go through, Zone Fitness Clubs is assessed a fee from our outside billing agency. This service fee pays for all costs associated with the return.
- Can I make a payment over the phone? Absolutely! Our goal is to provide you with an easy solution to maintain your membership in good standing. For your convenience, payments may be processed over the phone by contacting any Member Service Representative.
- Why do I have to provide updated billing information and complete a membership change prior to my credit card expiration? Often times, for your security and protection, credit card companies will decline a credit card that is past its expiration date. To avoid any declines that may result in service charges from our billing company, we encourage you to update your billing as soon as you receive a new card.
- Can I freeze or suspend my membership? We can accommodate a membership freeze for medical reasons or military orders for 3-6 months. There is a monthly service charge of $5+tax per month to maintain the active account.
- What forms of payment do you accept for monthly billing? The easiest way to process your monthly payments by putting your checking account on file with us for electronic funds transfer (EFT) billing. Our billing company also accepts major credit cards, except American Express.
- Why can't I pay cash monthly? Memberships may only be paid through a checking account or credit card monthly. Monthly cash payments for membership dues are not accepted due to the high volume of members that we service. We want to ensure that all transactions are accurately processed and recorded in a timely manner. This would be very difficult to do without the electronic fund transfer systems that we have in place.
- My current credit card or checking account has been cancelled. Can I pay in cash for next month? No, we can not take a cash payment for membership dues that have not yet been processed. If the account that we bill monthly has been cancelled, we encourage you to update your account by providing new billing information as soon as possible. By providing new billing information, your monthly dues may go through without interruption. You may update your billing information by visiting our online Member Portal.
- Can I bring a friend to try the gym with me? Absolutely! Our members who have experienced the best results have done it with the support of their friends and family. Working out with a friend is proven to help you stay consistent with your workout routine and you have much more fun along the way. To invite a friend to try Zone Fitness Clubs with you, visit our website and print off a free guest pass or stop by the front desk of your favorite club.
- Why do you need by driver's license when processing membership paperwork? A driver's license provides a valid form of identification to prevent identity fraud and ensure the safety of our member and staff. Zone Fitness Clubs is a private club and we want to know who is using our services.
- Why must I complete a new membership agreement when I am upgrading or downgrading my membership? Anytime a change is made to your membership terms you must complete a new membership agreement to authorize the change. A copy of the new agreement will be provided to you to keep for your records.
- Can I make changes to my membership in any location? All membership and billing changes can only be made at the club in which you initially joined.
- Can I downgrade my membership plan if I no longer wish to have the services included in my membership? A membership that is after its anniversary date may be downgraded with no additional up-front fees required. To inquire about downgrading your membership, visit the club location where you initially joined. You will need to provide current billing information and complete a new membership agreement to process this membership change.
- Can I transfer my membership from one location to another location? Sometimes members may find it convenient to transfer their home club location to another location. To do this, you must visit the location where you wish to transfer your membership to. You must then complete a cancellation form to cancel your membership at your current club location and complete a new membership agreement to activate your membership at the new club location. There will be a transfer membership fee, you will be required to provide current billing information at your new club, member must be in good standing on their account and the membership must be 90 days or older. We cannot transfer pre-paid memberships, corporate subsidy memberships or health care plan memberships. See Club for details.
- Can I transfer my membership to someone else? No, memberships are non-transferable. Once you have met the anniversary date on your current membership, you may cancel according to our cancellation policy. Your friend or family member may join at any time with our current membership specials.
- Why do I have to pay for my membership if I did not use it for the entire month? In order for Zone Fitness Clubs to offer such incredible rates, we must have a small time commitment from our members taking advantage of these low rates. As stated in your membership agreement, this rate is charged monthly regardless of club usage.
- Can I buyout the remainder of my membership? As a monthly billed member, you do have the option to buyout the remainder of your membership. You will pay the unbilled monthly dues left on your membership term plus applicable sales tax. You must also complete a new agreement to change your membership from monthly billing to being paid in full. At your expiration date, your membership will end and, should you wish to renew, you will be subject to our current membership rates.
- Why do you require my picture to be taken when I join? Zone Fitness Clubs is a private club, only accessible to current members. For the safety of our members and staff, we require photo identification to be on file to know who is using the club.
- Why must my child be 12 years of age or older to join the club? 12 years old is the minimum age required by our insurance company to become a member at Zone Fitness Clubs. Ages 12-15 must have an adult with them in the Club.
- Why must I be 18 years of age in order to join the club without a parent's signature? Anyone under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to become a member. At the age of 18, the law recognizes all individuals as adults who are capable of making decisions on their own without parental consent.
- Why do I have to swipe my membership card at the front desk when I check in? Zone Fitness Clubs is a private club, only accessible to current members. We require that all members check in at the front desk prior to each workout. Should you not have your membership card with you, our staff will be happy to manually check you in by last name.
- Why can't I wear jeans when I am working out? Denim is a rough material that causes the padding on our equipment to wear down quickly. This makes it difficult to maintain the condition of the pads at a like-new level. It would become costly to replace the upholstery on our equipment more frequently, which would not allow us to offer such low rates.
- Why can't I wear work boots when I am working out? Club cleanliness is one of the most important features that members look for in a fitness center. We strive to maintain very clean clubs for the satisfaction of our members. Work boots track excessive dirt and debris throughout the club, making it difficult to maintain the high standards of cleanliness we set for our clubs.
- Why can't I wear open-toed footwear when I am working out? To prevent injury and to offer the support necessary for a physical workout, we require that all members wear sneakers. Open-toed footwear does not offer adequate protection or traction for an active routine.
- Why can't I have my gym bag on the fitness floor? Gym bags on the fitness floor cause tripping hazards in walkways, increasing the risk of a member becoming injured. Also, securing valuables in a locker helps to prevent theft of your possessions.
- What beverages are not approved inside your clubs? Gallon jugs of water, colored sports drinks, coffee, and glass bottles of any kind are not approved on the fitness floor of our clubs. These beverages can cause spills that are very difficult to clean and glass containers may cause injury should they break.
- Why are cell phones not allowed anywhere past the lobby area of the club? For the privacy of our members, cell phones are not permitted past the lobby area of our clubs, including but not limited to locker rooms. Also, use of cell phones on the fitness floors creates a disruption to members working out around you.
- Why can't I use lifting chalk? Zone Fitness Clubs strives to maintain very high standards of cleanliness in our clubs. Lifting chalk creates a mess that is difficult to clean off of flooring.
- Can I have my own personal trainer come into the club to train me? Personal trainers who are not directly employed by Zone Fitness Clubs are not permitted to train members of our clubs. This policy is strictly enforced and failure to comply may result in membership termination for both the trainer and the member being trained. We employ the top certified Personal Trainers in the fitness industry.
- Can I bring my own equipment into the facilities? No. Members are not permitted to bring any outside equipment into the clubs.
- Can someone show me how to use the machines?
Yes! One of our most popular member only benefits at Zone Fitness Clubs is access to our certified Personal Trainers to support your workout program. Stop at the Front Desk and we will get you help.
- Why do I have to sign up for classes?
Our classes are extremely popular. Our classes are reserved for only 12 members in each class with one certified personal trainer. The small class size provides a very personalized and goal specific learning environment where you can be comfortable.
- Why do the dumbbells only go up to 120lbs? Will you ever increase the weight?
At Zone Fitness Clubs our intention is to provide a fun, upbeat, and non-intimidating environment where everyone, regardless of age, weight, and ability level can feel comfortable. This experience is usually not achieved with higher dumbbell weights. We have no plans to increase the weight of our dumbbells for this reason.
- Why can't you change the music selection or volume?
We understand that music preferences are very personal. As much as we would love to meet the desires of all our members, we have selected stations and a volume that provides enjoyment for the majority. The music selected provides an upbeat, fun environment that can actually enhance your workout through a high level of beats per minute, resulting in enhanced energy levels.
- Why don't you offer traditional aerobic classes?
By offering smaller more personalized classes, we are able to create a much less intimidating and more tailored environment. We have also found that the classes we offer, which focus on strength training, offer the opportunity for our members to reach their fitness goals more effectively than a typical aerobics based class.